Omantel allows your employees to do much more than just sending and receiving emails! Your staff can use business email through desktops, web or mobile, to share calendars, tasks and contacts.
The service allows employees who are home, on the road or abroad to have access to the same information as on-location employees through Microsoft's Outlook Desktop Client or Outlook Web Access (OWA) as well as through Outlook Mobile Access (OMA).
|Package plan||Basic Package||Ultimate Package|
|Disk Storage per mail box||1 GB||2 GB|
|Outlook Desktop client||-||Yes|
|SharePoint sites||-||100 MB|
|Web Publishable Calendar: allows any user to publish his or her own calendar folder to the web.||Yes||Yes|
|Outlook Web Apps||Yes||Yes|
|Attachments||10 MB||25 MB|
|Contact List: You can synchronize the contact list with your Outlook and mobile phone||Yes||Yes|
|Mobile Phones & Email: real time wireless synchronization of emails, calendars, tasks and contacts between your cell phone and the Exchange Server||-||Yes|
|Secure and reliable service||Yes||Yes|
|Easy Device/Mail Setup: Automatically configures user profile settings.||Yes||Yes|
|Shared Address Book, Calendar, meeting and tasks.||Yes||Yes|
|Recall Messages (within the organization)||Yes||Yes|
|Scheduling of Meetings / Appointments||Yes||Yes|
|Contacts and Task Management||Yes||Yes|
|Out-of-office Replies and Smart Forwarding||Yes||Yes|
|Multiple Protocol Support: POP3 and SMTP. All supported protocols are also available encrypted with SSL.||Yes||Yes|
|Free Domain name||-||Yes|
|Administrative Control Panel||Yes||Yes|
|Monthly price (OMR) / User||0.450||1.000|
How to configure Windows Mobile for Exchange Mail?
- From the Start menu choose “Programs” and then select “ActiveSync”.
- In ActiveSync, select the menu and then select “Add Server Source…
- In e-mail address write your full mail address.
- Uncheck the checkbox “Attempt to detect exchange server settings automatically”.
- Click next.
- In the server address field enter [mail.omantel.net.om].
- Select the SSL check box. Then click “Next”.
- Enter your Exchange Email address, and your password. You may leave the domain field blank. Select the Save
- Password check box if you want your device to be able to synchronize automatically. Then click “Next”.
- Select the check box beside the items you want to synchronize. For some items, you can click “Settings…” to
- Adjust how some items are synchronized. When you are done, click “Finish”.
- Your device will then begin synchronizing for the first time.
How to apply?
- If you are a new customer and do not have a domain name, you can apply for the service with domain name through: www.mydomain.om
- You can attach the required documents online.
- If you already have a domain name then print and fill out the Application Form for Unified Communication and E-mail Hosting.
Provide the Following required documents:
- A letter requesting the domain name registration
- Valid Commercial Registration Certificate
- Valid Chamber of Commerce and Industry Certificate
- Valid authorized signatures
If you are already one of our clients, please contact your Account Manager. If you don’t have an Account Manager, please contact our corporate sales team on email@example.com, or call 2424 2888.