- 15 OMR/Month
- 20GB included data
- 4 Mbps download speed
- 1 Mbps upload speed
- 1 Free Mailbox
Home broadband is the default offer for areas with ADSL coverage. A fixed line subscription will be included with all home broadband price plans. Most of our plans offer free minutes to other Omantel fixed line subscribers and discount on international calls. A free subsidized modem will be offered to all customers in return for a contractual obligation
Home Broadband Tariff
|Plan||4 Mbps Basic||4 Mbps Unlimited Small||8 Mbps Unlimited Medium||16 Mbps Unlimited Large|
|Monthly Subscription (OMR)||15||20||25||28|
|Upload Speed||512 Kbps-1Mbps||512Kbps-1Mbps||512Kbps-1Mbps||512Kbps-1Mbps|
|Included Data||20 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Fixed Line Subscription||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Free Fixed Line Minutes||0||250||500||1000|
|International Calls Discount||0||5%||10%||20%|
Follow the steps below to manually setup your Home Broadband internet service:
- Step 1: Connect a telephone line to your modem or router.
- Step 2: Connect a LAN cable to your modem or router and connect it to your computer.
- Step 3: Power ON your modem or router.
- Step 4: Start internet explorer or your preferred internet browser on your computer.
- Step 5: Enter the setup page IP address on your internet browser and enter the default username and password depending on your modem or router brand as shown below:
Modem Brand Setup Page IP Default Username Default IP Omantel Modem 192.168.1.1 admin admin Linksys 192.168.1.1 admin admin D-link 192.168.1.1 admin admin Belkin 192.168.2.1 Netgear 192.168.1.1 admin admin 3com 192.168.1.1 admin US robotic 192.168.1.1 admin admin Speed stream 192.168.254.254 admin omantel Speed touch 10.0.0.138 admin omantel SMC 192.168.2.1 smcadmin
Note: If you were not able to login using the default username or password as shown above you can use the reset button on the back of your modem or router to roll back to the default settings.
- Step 6: Once you are logged in to your modem or router setup page, please make sure that you have the following internet connection setup parameters:
Setup Parameter Required Input Network protocol or Encapsulation PPP over Ethernet (RFC 2516 PPPoE) Multiplexing LLC QOS UBR VPI 0 VCI 35 Mode Routing Username Your Home Broaband Internet username Password Your Home Broaband Internet password
- Step 7: Click on save or next to continue and start using our internet service.
Note: if you are still not able to access the internet or need further support please call our internet customer care on 1300 to talk with a technical support agent to support you with the steps.
Terms and Conditions
- Customers will be charged 1 R.O per 1 GB once exceeds the 20 GB data included for the basic plan.
- The new home broadband plans are available for existing and new subscribers
- The new customer will have to sign a 12 months commitment contract to subscribe to any of the home broadband plans
- Customers choosing to opt out before 12 months would be charged the retail price of the modem and the termination charge pro-rated for the remaining months of the period
- The existing customers can continue in their current plans or move to the new plans
- The installation charges are 10 OMR
- The upgrade is free of charge
- Downgrade charges are 5 OMR
- The availability of the various download and upload speeds is subject to various factors such as distance from the exchange
- Omantel is determined to provide all of our customers the best possible broadband experience
- Internal wiring in your building, the firewall configuration on your PC, your location, the type of contents and distance to Wi-Fi and access point will impact the actual speed
- All plans include antivirus and anti-spam software as well as 100MB free mailbox