Now, you can make calls, reply to messages, receive notifications and more even while you’re away from your iPhone.
OMR 3/Month * (Free for the first 6 Month)
• The first 6 months are Free. This is only a one-time offer.
• All prices are exclusive of a 5% VAT which will be added to the total price upon purchase.
• Offer valid till 13 th December 2022
• The monthly subscription fee of Apple Watch Cellular service is OMR 3 per month (VAT exclusive)
• The first 6 months are free of charge. After the six-month promotion period ends, you will be charged with OMR 3 per month. The complimentary six-month period is a one-time offer.
• Apple Watch Cellular service is only available for Omantel’s postpaid customers.
• Any calls or data used in the Apple Watch will count towards the subscriber's mobile plan's usage and charges. Standard out-of-bundle charges will apply as per the subscriber's mobile plan once mobile plan allowances are fully consumed.
• The service can be cancelled at any time. You can cancel the service via Apple Watch app.
• You can only pair one Apple Watch to your main postpaid number.
What is the Apple Watch Cellular service?
Your iPhone and Apple Watch will share the same phone number. Once the service is active on your Apple Watch, you will be able to make or receive calls on your Apple Watch, even when you are away from your iPhone.
Which model of Apple Watch supports this service?
Apple Watch Series 3,4,5,6&7 (GPS+Cellular) Watch OS Version: Watch OS 8.6 or later
Which iPhones are compatible with Apple Watch Cellular service?
iPhone 7 or later with iOS 15.5 or later.
Which mobile plans are compatible with Apple Watch Cellular service?
All Postpaid Plans
Is the service available for new customers only?
Apple Watch Cellular service is available for the new and existing postpaid customers.
How will the subscription fee be collected after the six-month promo period is over?
The monthly charges will be billed to your postpaid line until your subscription is cancelled.
How much does it cost to activate the Apple Watch Cellular service?
The subscription fee for the service is OMR3 per month.
How will I be charged if I make a call through my Apple Watch?
Any calls made or texts sent through your Apple Watch will count towards your mobile plan’s usage and charges.
How many Apple Watches can I use with the Apple Watch Cellular service at the same time?
You can only activate one Apple Watch to your main postpaid number.
Can I cancel the Service anytime?
Yes, you can cancel the service at any time. Cancellation can be done via Apple Watch app. Plan Cancellation: 1. Tap on cellular option. 2. Tap Manage Omantel account. 3. Fill in your mobile number and password. Once done, tap login. 4. Tap on Cancel Plan. 5. The plan is now cancelled. *Do not click “Remove OMANTEL Plan”. This option would remove the service from the watch; However, the plan will not be cancelled.
Can the service work with roaming?
The Apple Watch Cellular service will only work on Omantel’s network connectivity within Oman. You will not be able to use the cellular functionality of your watch abroad, even if your mobile can. However, you will still be able to use most of the features by connecting it to your phone via Bluetooth.
How I can transfer my current Apple Watch cellular plan to the new watch?
1. Tap on cellular option in the Watch App. 2. Tap on set up cellular. 3. Tap on Transfer Omantel Plan. 4. View the terms & conditions, and click on “I Agree to the Terms & Conditions” to proceed. 5. Fill in your mobile number and password. Once done, tap login. 6. Click on transfer account. 7. The account transfer is now accomplished.
Can I change my Apple Watch without cancelling my Apple Watch cellular service?
Yes. With account transfer option, you can use the current active subscription on a new Apple Watch. The previous Apple Watch will be automatically deactivated once the new one is successfully activated. Please note that you will still pay the OMR 3 monthly subscription fee that you were paying on the previous Apple Watch.
Can I delete my Apple watch Cellular service from the Apple Watch?
Yes, you can. However, the subscription fee will still apply until deactivating the service from your main mobile plan.
Can I transfer my account to my Apple Watch with my mobile plan while roaming?
Account Transfer in Apple watch while roaming overseas is not possible. The services should be done locally in Oman while connected to Omantel’s network.
If I lose my Apple Watch, what should I do?
If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen, immediately suspend or cancel the pairing service from the Apple Watch App on your iPhone.
If I change my main SIM card, will the Apple Watch connection be affected?
Swapping the main SIM card, whether a physical or an e-SIM, will not impact your Apple Watch’s connectivity.
Will my Apple Watch service be interrupted if I cancel my main plan or opt out from Omantel?
Yes, it will. The service is connected to your main mobile plan and if it is suspended or deactivated for any reason, the Apple Watch service will be suspended or deactivated accordingly.
Which username and password should I enter when activating my Apple Watch Cellular?
The default username and password are customer’s mobile number (917XXXXX) and (ID Card/ Passport Number) respectively.