1. WHAT IS A DIRECT CARRIER BILLING?
Direct carrier billing (DCB) is an online payment method that allows users to make purchases by charging goods and services to their mobile phone bill. Users need a device with a registered SIM card and an account with the mobile operator where transactions can be charged to.
2. IS A CREDIT CARD NEEDED?
3. WHO CAN SIGN UP FOR NETFLIX THROUGH DIRECT CARRIER BILLING?
This service is currently available to mobile customers with a monthly mobile bill account (except customers who have subscribed with a business registration).
4. HOW CAN CUSTOMERS SIGN UP TO PAY WITH DIRECT CARRIER BILLING?
First, customers need to visit Netflix.com in their browser, select a plan and create an account. Once a plan is selected and the account is being created, Mobile payment needs to be selected as the preferred payment method. After providing the phone number and going through a validation and verification process, the customer is signed up and can enjoy Netflix immediately.
5. WHY AM I SEEING AN ERROR DURING THE SIGN-UP PROCESS?
There is a likelihood that a phone number is not eligible for carrier billing. This can happen if a carrier does not support carrier billing yet, or the phone number is on a carrier plan which does not support carrier billing. Please follow the displayed instructions.
6. IF A CUSTOMER HAS MULTIPLE DEVICES LOGGED IN WITH THE SAME NETFLIX ACCOUNT, CAN THEY DISABLE DIRECT CARRIER BILLING FOR SPECIFIC DEVICES?
No. Netflix monthly subscription fees are charged per Netflix account and not based on the number of devices.
7. WILL CUSTOMERS NEED TO SIGN UP WITH DIRECT CARRIER BILLING AGAIN IF THEY CHANGE THEIR MOBILE NUMBER?
Yes, they will need to login to their original Netflix account and then change their mobile number on the
8. HOW DO CUSTOMERS CANCEL THEIR NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTION?
Visit account settings through Netflix platforms and cancel the membership in the "Account" page.
9. IF A CUSTOMER CANCELS THEIR NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTION ACCOUNT BEFORE IT ENDS, WILL IT BE PRO-RATA?
No. Subscriptions will not be pro-rata for any month that they have already started. The Netflix subscription fee is charged on a monthly basis.
10. HOW DO CUSTOMERS UPDATE THEIR NETFLIX PAYMENT METHOD?
Sign in to the Netflix website and visit “Membership & Billing” to update the payment method.
11. APART FROM THE AMOUNT CHARGED FOR NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTION, ARE THERE ADDITIONAL FEES USING DIRECT CARRIER BILLING?
Any downloads or content streaming in the Netflix App or website will incur data charges. It will be charged at or deducted from relevant subscribed service plans and charged at the applicable thereafter fee. Standard roaming data charges will apply while using a relevant subscribed service plan to access the service abroad.